|Example of a form in Slideshare|
Now that they're in Eloqua, these leads can be sent a follow up email, entered into a nurturing campaign, scored and/or sent to sales for follow up. This post assumes that you have set up a Pro Slideshare account.
Integrating Eloqua with Slideshare - Step by Step
- To get started, you’ll need an Eloqua user account that is API enabled. This is very easy to do, see the post on Cloud Connector Installation instructions and follow the first step only.
- The Slideshare Cloud Connector we’ll be looking at here is available on our repository of interesting connectors: cloudconnectors.eloqua.com. They are free to use, just create an account and login. Please note: This account is different from your normal Eloqua login. Under Products > Feeder, select the Slideshare Lead Query option.
- Enter in your credentials: In the first step, enter in your Eloqua login credentials and keep going
- Configuration: Enter in your Slideshare username and password, the Slideshare CampaignID (it's the number at the end of the URL. For example: http://www.slideshare.net/business/lead_campaigns/12928) and the Eloqua Contact Group / Shared List that you want to add the contacts to (you'll want to pop into Eloqua and create a Contact Group / Shared List).
- Field Mappings. Map the fields from your Slideshare form to Eloqua fields. You may want to create some new Eloqua fields that you can pass the Slideshare Campaign ID to. Make sure you click on Save Settings.
- Test it. Fill out the form on Slideshare and then in the Run Step tab, click on "Full Run". Run a few tests to see if it's working. When you're happy with the results, just go to the Credentials tab to click "Enable Step" to enable it to run automatically. That's it!